Events > CHFA Events
Sunday, March 18 - Tuesday, March 20, 2012
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables, FL 33134
CHFA Members - Recieve 10% off of your registration, if you register by February 17, 2012!
Keynote Address - "Understanding the New Inter-American Reality" featuring:
Ambassador V. Manuel Rocha, Senior Advisor on International Business, Foley, Lardner, LLP
Jonathan Golub, CFA, Chief US Equity Strategist, UBS
Key Program Topics:
- How can hedge funds across the Americas benefit from investor appetite for private placements?
- How are regulatory developments in the U.S. and Europe affecting capital flows into and out of Latin America?
- LatAm economies have expanded substantially faster than developed markets over the past decade, yet that divergence arguably is under appreciated by the market. What can be done to narrow the gap between perception and reality?
- How can institutional investors allocate capital to Latin America most efficiently and intelligently?
- What are key factors for success in capital raising?
- What are hedge funds' standards for compliance, transparency, infrastructure, and operational strength?
- Increasing institutional use of derivatives.
- What is the likely impact of new global competitors, such as Direct Edge, The London Stock Exchange, and NYSE?
- Implications of cost containment amid increased customer demands for state-of-the-art trading and routing technology as well as higher bar for compliance.
- Is a comparative lack of trading-venue fragmentation a competitive advantage for LatAm broker-dealers vis-a-vis North American counterparts.
- Jorge L. Arrizurieta, Chairman, CEO, Arrizurieta & Associates
- Tony Barchetto, Head of Strategy, DirectEdge
- Maurício Bicalho, Partner, Triscorp Investimentos
- Sérgio Blank, Founding Partner, Portfolio Manager, Kadima Asset Management
- Alex Ian Carpenter, Head of Equity Research, Itau Asset Management
- Steve Casner, CEO, HazelTree
- Russell Deakin, Managing Director, Rio Bravo Investimentos
- Fernando Donayre, CIO, Founder, INCA Investments
- Matthew Eisenberg, Partner, Finn Dixon & Herling
- Julie El-Taher, Head of International Sales, Advanced Execution Services, Credit Suisse
- Raul Espejel, PhD, Managing Principal, Tempus Quo Capital Management
- Leandro A. Festino, Managing Principal, Meketa Investment Group
- Jay B. Gould, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Stanley Haar, President, Haar Capital
- Flavio Lobato, Executive Director, Liongate Capital
- Luis Lobato, Partner, MD, Mercatto Investimentos
- Steve Miano, Managing Director, Spring Lake Consulting
- Peter Milman, Co-Founder, Milman Capital
- George Andrew Moor Kerr, Director, Claritas Investimentos
- Douglas Newsome, Rumson Associates
- Michelle Noyes, Managing Director, BRZ investimentos
- Eliza Pepper, Head of Alternative Investments, Itau Asset Management
- Victor Hugo Rodriguez, Founder, CEO, LatAm Alternatives
- Giovanni A. Serrano, Co-Founder, Managing Director, Amedroz Capital
- Chris Stanton, Director of Portfolio Strategy, Sunrise Capital
- Eduardo Tkacz, Co-Founder, Senior Managing Partner, Galt Capital
- Claire Walton, Managing Partner, Liberty Square Asset Management
- Robert Young, Head of Americas, ex-U.S., Liquidnet
How to Register
Phone: +1 (646) 442-4655
For additional event information, please send inquiries to: Danielle Hall at +1 (646) 442-4645 or firstname.lastname@example.org. View complete event information here.
February 28, 2012
CHFA Winter Symposium
Beverly Hills, CA
March 18-20, 2012
Meeting of the Americas